The Kern Shooting Sports Range, located at 5-Dogs, is open
Friday through Monday, 8:00 am – Sundown when no classes are on the schedule.
The hours for days when there is a class on the schedule are
12:00 noon – Sundown.
Visit our calendar to see when classes are scheduled.
All shooters are asked to abide by the following Range Rules:
- All shooters on the KSS range must be a member of 5 Dogs Range and a member of KSS. The only exception is on days of Kern Shooting Sports functions/competitions.
- Member must show their membership cards upon request. Membership cards must be in possession while on the range.
- Eye and ear protection must be worn at all times on the firing line.
- No steel core ammunition (Green tip projectiles) will be used at the range.
- Do NOT shoot any living thing.
- No Cross Firing.
- When moving firearms, the actions must be open and empty, with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction or holstered or cased. All firearms must be empty unless on the firing line.
- When going down range to check or set targets, you MUST notify all shooters on the firing line and/or a Range Safety Officer (RSO) of your intentions.
- Before going down range past 25 yards, the entire shotgun range must be shut down.
- At the time ALL shooters will empty their firearms and put them down with action open.
- The firing line will be closed at that time and no person shall touch any firearms while any person is down range.
- Any person not going down range must stand behind the safety line located behind the shooting line.
- When everyone is back behind the firing line, the firing line will be re-opened and shooting may resume.
- Firearms handled in an unsafe manner could cause injury or death to you or someone else.